Analytical Chemistry Inc. - deformulation of competitive products
- a full service certified analytical chemistry state-of-the-art laboratory
and a staff with the necessary academic/industrial background - 43 years.
composition and additives in products - reverse engineering
Forensic : added flammables, drug
identification, Meth Lab analyses, patents
FDA : Melamine, pharmaceuticals, imported foods
: method development and analysis for FDA
Trace Analysis : in air, food,
soil, water, pharmaceuticals, etc.
Industrial Hygiene : NIOSH,
OSHA; Indoor Air Quality, Asbestos, Lead; SCBA air
Environmental : EPA, RCRA,
Drinking Water & Soil Contamination; CPSC, CPSIA; RoHS; BSi; polymers, textiles,
Contact Information : how
to get in touch with the laboratory
formulating a product by starting with the already finished competitive
product and working backwards - reverse engineering.
Examples include :
A multi-level program can be developed with clients to maximize
budget dollars. Main components and/or trace level additives can be
replicated in various stages to allow the clients to verify performance
or try their own ideas.
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products.
- What the herbal medicines have.
- Pesticides and herbicides.
- What has been added to herbal medicines.
- Lubrication and petroleum based additives and formulations.
- Plastics, coatings, rubbers, adhesives, polymers, paints, dyes, fats, oils, metals
- Flavors, scents, ingredients, and preservatives in the food, beverage, cleaning, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics industries.
- What the magic ingredients in the exotic gins are.
- Which flavor ingredients are not available commercially and require synthesis.
- Why the competitions' products have longer shelflives.
- Synthetic, commercial, and home concoctions/remedies.
- Identify how a product has become "new and improved."
- Beat the markup game by >75%.
Top Of Page
Forensic determinations includes
- Patent violations from people deformulating your products
- Avoiding patent violations in deformulating a product
- Clandestine drug lab analyses - methamphetamine, ephedrine, MDMA (Ecstacy ,
XTC), LSD, methcathinone, crack cocaine, heroin, controlled substances :
reagents, precursors, and final product on surfaces and in air - from
assessment to clean-up.
- Tear gas residue on surfaces, in air : CN - chloroacetophenone,
CS - chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile, pepper spray - capsaicin,
CA - brombenzilcyanide, CR - dibenz-1,4-oxazepine.
- Timeline drug analysis in hair; send us your hair sample, we can tell
which drugs were used which month; usable for a weekly profile for many months.
- Added flammables, accelerants in arson investigations
- Age and type of inks on legal documents
- Comparative analysis for product defect/liability/failure
- Comparative analysis of paints in auto, boat, vehicle collisions
- Adulteration, tampering, contamination, stains, discolorations
- Personal injury, exposures : industrial hygiene litigation,
hazard evaluation, occupational exposure, air monitoring
- Expert witness and testimony : felony murder to product failure
- Method development for novel applications
...Top Of Page
FDA qualifications include
Top Of Page
- Measurement of standard pesticides, contaminants and additives
- Development of procedures for measuring novel chemical contaminants.
- Leach tests for lead (Pb) and cadmium (Cd), misc. metals in
ceramics, earthenware, porcelains per protocol.
- Proximate analyses : protein, fats, ash, moisture.
- Type and age of fats, oils.
- USP, AOAC, USDA, FDA, ASTM and Standard Methods for general
- Calcium, bisphosphonates (Fosamax / Alendronate; Pamidronate / APD, Aredia;
Neridronate; others on request) in Cortical Bone Powder (CBP) and
demineralized Bone Powder (DCBP) for tissue banks - transplants; cancellous samples.
- Collection of representative samples per protocol - worldwide.
- Advance analysis of samples prior to import/export.
- Chlordimeform (CDF) in honey to sub-ppb levels; methomyl in
- Melamine and cyanuric acid in rice flour, rice bran, rice protein, corn gluten,
corn meal, soy protein, wheat gluten and pet foods; quantitative: FDA derivatization, GC-MS.
- FDA web-page
Trace Analysis is the general field
that encompasses the analytical chemistry of Industrial Hygiene,
Environmental, Forensics and other applied fields; specifically it can include
- the low level additives in a lubricant, coating, plastic, medicine
- the contamination of an alloy, food-product, beverage
- discoloration of a wood, paint, or metallic finish
- the amount of pesticide from a neighboring field in air, house pet, or house dust
- levels of drugs along hair to document usage over several years time
- quantities of insults (metals, pesticides, industrial chemicals) in
water, soil, air (,fire)
- vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates in food or supplements
- hormones, stimulants in (Chinese) herbal medicines
- lead in paint, dishes, drinking containers
- asbestos in floor tile, acoustic ceiling, wall texturing, furnace
insulation, pipe insulation, cement
...Top Of Page
Industrial Hygiene monitors a variety of aspects of the work environment :
Top Of Page
- Air quality in general : indoor, outdoor, industrial
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) or Sick Building Syndrome; odor characterization.Sub-ppb emissions of microbes used to identify mold and mildew problems. Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (MVOCs) : alcohols, furans, ketones, pyrazines analysis at the sub-nanogram level. Analyze your air for 24 hour identification of a moldy environment.
- Fumes : exhaust, welding, incineration
- Gases : carbon & nitrogen oxides, aldehydes, isocyanates, ozone, chlorine
- Particulates : dust, oil mist, metals, silica, dust mites, molds
- Multicomponent screening : organics, inorganics; what did the MSDS omit?
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) generation or clarification
- pesticides, PCB's, PAH's, CTPV's
- solvents : naphthas, mineral spirits, halogenated mixtures
- Developing and validating methodology for collection and analysis
- Right to know, health & safety training, MSDS upgrades
- Compressor, SCBA, breathing air - CGA, ANSI, State/NIOSH, military specifications
Top Of Page
- EPA Priority Pollutants: volatiles, semi-volatiles, pesticides, metals, dioxins, PCB's
- PBDE's (polybrominated diphenyl ethers), PBB's (polybrominated biphenyls),
phthalates, chrome (chromium), hexavalent chrome, lead, cadmium, mercury in
circuit boards, plastics, paints, inks, water, air. EN 71-3 migration of eight elements;
EN 1811 migration of nickel in contact with skin. Bisphenol A (BPa CAS # 80-05-7))
- Carcinogenic aromatic amines from azodyes, azo colorants : 14362-1:2003 (82.02-02)
; 14362-2:2003 (82.02-04) for CAS #'s : 92-67-1, 92-87-5, 95-69-2, 91-59-8,
97-56-3, 99-55-8, 106-47-8, 615-05-4, 101-77-9, 91-94-1, 119-90-4, 119-93-7,
838-88-0, 120-71-8, 101-14-4, 101-80-4, 139-65-1, 95-53-4, 95-80-7, 137-17-7,
- General organic & inorganic chemistries - halogens, specific ions, solvents
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Characterization : TCLP metals, volatiles, semi-volatiles
- Landfill monitoring : inorganics, metals, VOC's
- NPDES Permit renewal : metals, cyanide, phenols, organics, conventionals
- Safe Drinking Water Act : chemical contaminants, pesticides/herbicides
- Underground Storage Tanks : BTEX, TPH, gasoline, diesel
- EPA Method 8040 phenols, Method 8151 chlorinated herbicides
- EPA Method 8290 dioxins & dibenzofurans
- Method development for analysis of novel chemicals
- Overflow and rapid turnaround support for laboratories
- Analytical Resources Inc., offering full-service CLP analysis of soils,
waters, and sediments.
Analytical Chemistry Inc.
4611 S. 134th Place; Suite 200
Tukwila, WA 98168-3240
E-mail : Projects Manager
Top of Page